16 Mar The Just GREEN Salad
Ok, so a green salad on St. Patrick’s Day really isn’t that original, well, at all, but what about a green salad with the perfect blend of ONLY green ingredients and superfoods? Just because everything’s green doesn’t mean this salad only has one note. This plant-powered medley will surprise your taste buds — in a good way!
Large Bowl (for salad)
Small Bowl (for dressing)
Whisk or Blender
(Note: Use all organic, fresh ingredients if possible)
- 2 C. mixed spring greens
- 2 C. spinach
- 1/2 large cucumber, skin on, diced (or one whole small cucumber).
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 whole avocado, diced (or sliced if you prefer!)
- 1 Tbs. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp/ black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Spirulina
Dressing Sweetener (Optional):
- 1 Tbsp raw honey or 2 packets of Stevia (Note: raw honey can be hard to mix into the dressing. Use a whisk or blender).
STEPS TO SOMETHING DELICIOUS
Wash all greens and vegetables.
Dice cucumber, scallions, avocado, and cilantro. Place in large bowl.
Mix vinegar and olive oil together in small bowl. Add remaining dressing ingredients and mix together well (whisk or blend if needed). Pour over greens and mix with your hands or with salad tongs. Then celebrate the holiday!
Added tips you can choose to SuperCharge this recipe.
- You can mix and match your favorite greens or use what you have on hand.
- You can use Sesame Oil for a nuttier flavored dressing.