06 Jul Simple Ways to Eat Sprouts
Sprouts are incredible super simple superfoods with major health benefits. And you can grow them in your own kitchen!
I consider them an amazing superfood to add to your diet. Here are some simple ways to eat sprouts and add them to everyday dishes – try a few and get adventurous!
Sprouts make a great, fast snack when you eat them fresh and uncooked with a little dressing/seasoning drizzled on top. This one definitely requires a sprout that you love the taste of! Everyone’s taste buds are different, so find your favorite.
Whatever you do, don’t toss out the whole superfood category after trying just one! You’ll be surprised at how different they all taste.
If you don’t like the first type of sprout you try (broccoli, pea, mung bean, sunflower, etc), try something else!
A simple dressing is 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, a few dashes of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, and ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper. Let me know if you try it.
Other simple ideas:
- Add sprouts to your tossed salads. They pair well with finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumbers. Add Himalayan sea salt and a dash lemon.
- Use in stir-fries with additional vegetables.
- Add to vegetarian sushi and wraps.
- Combine with smashed tomato, red pepper, or basil for a pesto-like topping.
- Add them to smoothies.
- Add to the top of soups, stews, or rice dishes as a nutritious garnish.
- Grind to a paste to make spreads/fillings. Add your favorite spices/herbs.
- Top omelets or scrambled eggs with them.
These are just of few of the simple ways you can add sprouts to your SuperLife diet. Don’t see your favorite? Chime in using the comments below. I’d love to hear what’s working for you.