08 Feb The Secret to Supercharging Your Cells, Optimizing Your Health, and Feeling Better Than Ever | Dr. Molly Maloof
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Health is crucial and requires effort to maintain. Optimal health is a journey, not a destination. A holistic approach is key, including diet, exercise, and stress management. Taking ownership of your health is essential for a fulfilling life.
WELCOME TO THE DARIN OLIEN SHOW
Dr. Molly Maloof aims to optimize health through a medical practice focused on well-being rather than just treating sickness. Here’s how you can change your lifestyle to optimize your health!
Dr. Molly is a leading provider of health optimization and personalized medicine for successful entrepreneurs, investors, and tech executives. Before starting her own company, she taught a groundbreaking course on health span at Stanford University’s Medical School for three years. With over a decade of experience, she has advised more than 50 companies in the digital health, consumer health, and biotech industries. At the forefront of personalized medicine, Dr. Maloof integrates digital health technologies, biofeedback, psychedelic medicine, and evidence-based wellness products and services into her unique approach to health.
In this episode,
we delve into the key insights from Dr. Molly’s latest book, “The Spark Factor: The Secret to Supercharging Energy, Becoming Resilient, and Feeling Better Than Ever.” She reveals a program specifically designed for women’s biology, focusing on the mitochondria, the power source of cells. Biohacking is about utilizing modern medicine to achieve optimal health, strength, and energy. It’s about taking control and avoiding illness through proactive measures.
Your mitochondria play a crucial role in your well-being as they produce the energy that keeps you alive. They also play a vital role in how your body responds to the environment, as they sense and integrate signals to direct energy. The problem with chronic disease is that our modern diet and lifestyle tax the mitochondria, leading to dysfunction and a rise in blood sugar levels. By targeting the mitochondria, Dr. Molly Maloof’s program promises to help us achieve optimal health and resilience.
All this and more, on this week’s episode of The Darin Olien Show.
- 10:59 Health is adaptability
- 18:58 Identifying with disease hinders healing
- 20:20 Blood sugar reflects health
- 29:01 Human connection impacts longevity and health
- 35:19 The Spark Factor: the mitochondria
- 41:22 When will dysfunction affect you?
- Barukas Nuts – Get 10% off your order of the best nuts on the planet with code DARINPOD10. Every purchase helps end deforestation and supports the indigenous tribes of the region.
- Bite Toothpaste wants to replace all the products in your bathroom cabinet with sustainable alternatives. My favorite is their Toothpaste Bits. Instead of commercial toothpaste filled with toxic chemicals, Bite is clean, safe, and effective– bite down and brush. They come in refillable glass jars, so no more plastic tubes! Try Bits or any of their other sustainably packaged personal care products for 20% off your first order with code DARIN20.
- Want to contribute to environmental solutions but don’t know where to start? Habits of Waste, the non-profit behind the viral social media campaigns #CutOutCutlery and #8Meals, is a great place to start. Find out how you can get involved and make a difference by joining one of their weekly or daily challenges to turn intention into action.
I hope you enjoyed this episode of The Darin Olien Show! If you want to support or follow the podcast, here’s how:
Subscribe, rate or listen on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher
Follow my Instagram to keep updated on the podcast, weekly deep dives and other projects that I’m supporting (and the occasional Chaga appreciation post)
Sign up for my Weekly Email to keep up with what I’m tuned into.
For feedback or suggestions, email my team at [email protected]
Find the list of brands & products that get the big tick of approval from me here.
Comment below to join the discussion!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.